I’m a teacher now.
Here’s what I’m doing for Lent this year!
- Spend time with Barnett Newman’s Stations of the Cross.
- Don’t be mean. Especially not flippantly. I love to be flippantly mean!
- No buying pointless sweets. No candy just to have candy. Wedding cake, a social ice cream, great! But I don’t get to just buy dessert at the grocery store because I feel like having it.
- Per John Henry Cardinal Newman:
- Pray the Angelus daily.
- Morning Prayer audio in the car or from the Little Office daily.
- Go to bed before 11p on school nights.
This feels extremely challenging but also simple. We’ll see how it goes.
I also wrote over at Blessed Is She today.